Pan World Vibration/noisy issues

zero26

MoneyPit Maestro
My Panworld pump is has a bad vibrating noise. It sounds like its vibrating where it attaches to the sump. But its vibrating my whole return plumbing. I took it all apart and theres nothing in it, what could be the problem?

I just tried to call them. Number has been disconnected. Also tried emailing them, got a return mailbox full.

Heres the impeller

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

A 200 PS is a huge pump for that setup. Why so big? Was it quiet and got noisy or is this new? How is the pump connected to the sump? What size plumbing and is there any restriction on the intake such as elbows?

Yes it is alittle big for my setup but I run my BRS dual reactor, fuge, frag tank and recirc my sump. If I had to do it again I would get one smaller. There are 2 elbows on the way up. And various ball valves.

I'm thinking the impeller could be alittle out of round. When I put the impeller back in the housing I spun it and it seemed to be out of round by just a hair.

Was it quiet and got noisy or is this new? How is the pump connected to the sump? What size plumbing and is there any restriction on the intake such as elbows?

Yes this noise is new. I also realized that I have a missing fish. So he might be the culprit.
It is connected to the sump via 1" bulkhead and there is no elbows on the intake just a valve to isolate the pump. All the plumbing is 1".

Back