Permanment ich scars left on Tang possible?

coral_lagoon

Pushrod Powered
Went to swap out some frags with another Reefer. He had a Dussamieri tang in a quarantine tank. The fish had been there for 3 weeks recovering from ich. The fish looked great about 5 to 6 inches in a 40 gallon Q tank. Looks fully recovered,but what got me was when the fish darkened up from being startled. You can see all the scars that the ich was once on. Those little dots were light pigmented kind of like Tinea versicolor on a person. I never seen this before. Does anyone here know if these scars left by ich are permanent?

I have two Maroon Gold Banded Clowns, and a Purple Firefish that battle and won a Black Ick infestation. The guys do have scars where the disease burrowed into the skin. Been about six months now, so I think the scars are permanent.

My Purple Tang had Ich and beat it. His scars made him not so attractive, but they have all cleared up. No signs of scars at all. It took about 1 1/2 months to clear up.

I am sure you already know, but 3 weeks in QT w/out Ich doesnt mean hes out of the woods. Id QT him another 4-5 weeks to be safe.

I am sure you already know, but 3 weeks in QT w/out Ich doesnt mean hes out of the woods. Id QT him another 4-5 weeks to be safe.

Of course RG I know what you mean. I have a 29 QT that's always running RTG. So if I decide to get him. He will defitnetly go in there for 4 weeks..

Back