pH calibration question/issue

jimsflies

I just tried to calibrate my ph probe and at the end of the calibration after it indicates "updating" it quickly flashed the following 'probe defective resuming'.

Not sure what this means, but the pH in my tank is reading 5.52...which I am pretty sure isn't correct.

Am I missing something or is the probe bad? I calibrated with a 7.0 and a 10.0 calibration fluid.

Did you take the rubber cap off the tip of the probe? What were the numbers at the bottom of the screen when calibrating?

Curt

Probably not...does that cap need to be taken off during calibration only or all the time? Is there a cap on the ORP probe too then? Those caps looked like they were part of the unit. :hmm5:

I think the bottom numbers were like 5.48....on both pH solutions. A cap being over the probe makes sense now that you're telling me about it. (duh)

The rubber cap should be taken off for calibration and normal use. Save the cap in case you want to store the probe. THe pH and ORP probes should never be allowed to dry out. It is best to use pH 4.0 calibration solution for storage.

Curt

Back