Phosphate reactor?

scottwhitson

I am looking at adding a phosphate reactor to my reef and was wondering what is a good brand. It seems to me that the TWO LITTLE FISHIES is a good price but it seems a little small. I want to get something that when I upgrade tanks I don't need another reactor. I am also looking at getting one to run carbon in as well will the TWO LITLLE FISHIES one work for this as well?

the 2 little fishes are designed for a maximum 150 gallon tank, i have the kent reactor which is exactly the same and it works fine on my 92, however there are other types, just a case of browsing about the web

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14809430#post14809430 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scottwhitson
Can you run these reactors in series?

yes, and many reefers do, you can also tee them off as well, plenty of options with the TLF reactor

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14809430#post14809430 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by scottwhitson
Can you run these reactors in series?

Like Micheal said, many do -- myself being one of them. But, I run carbon in one, and phosban in the other.

Think that one will be fine for a 75 (( assuming that your tank sig is correct )). I am using one for my 75, and it works great. Also have one on my 58 and the aforementioned 2, in series, on my 33 cube.

I run in series as well..and much like Todd, I run carbon in one and phosban in the other. I also T'ed my return to feed both reactors. I didn't want to add another pump to my system.

On a side note, I have mysis shrimp swimming around in my reactors....anybody else have that?

I have two of these reactors.

Both feeded by a MJ1200.
The first one with GFO and the second half Actived Carbon half SEACHEM DE*NITRATE .

Hug

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14809380#post14809380 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Michael
however there are other types, just a case of browsing about the web [/B]

True, but, thats not fair. Nothing can replace real world hands on experience. I would also like to know about them, and, if any, which ones are the most efficiant.

I'm very pleased with my NextReef reactor. I feel it's excellent quality, especially for the price. I would highly recommend it. My only complaint would be the plastic thumb screws. I swapped them out for stainless and now I feel the thing will last forever. The plastic ones worked fine the swap was just for the sake of personal preference and longevity. The purchase of this reactor was one of the rare times I felt I got more than I paid for.

Back