Phosphate removal media

Ironman

What would be the best at removing phosphates from the aquarium. I would be using it in a phosban reactor.

Thanks

media for removing phosphates good ones are phosban and RowaPhos

but I prefer RowaPhos, rince it well with low flow, them use low amount, and low flow through it, don't want to get the stuff in the tank nor shock the corals, good luck

sam

I'll have to order it can't seem to get it locally here except for the phosban.

Have you noticed a difference in your corals since you've been using it?

Thanks

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6913193#post6913193 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Ironman
I'll have to order it can't seem to get it locally here except for the phosban.

Have you noticed a difference in your corals since you've been using it?

Thanks

Ironman,

you will see a different if your levels are a bit high, if you have real big skimmer, uv, plenty of water changes, ect you might get to optimum levels and the difference won't be noticed

on my case I have all the above but still wanted to have a high bio-load (love fish) and still keep dominate sps tank, and the RowaPhos gives me the edge to have the tank the way I want it and still have very colorful corals

main things you will notice, better color (less brownish tint) and less algae not just on the rocks but on the glass,

excellent article on usage
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=500727&highlight

oh and a side note, your name ironman, so phosban, ROWAphos, and you are iron based:D

the main difference I have seem is ROWAphos is wet, while phosban is dry, feel that has something to do with its effectiveness, but that personal opinion

good luck in your setup and take it easy on it because it is very effective, don't want the change too fast

sam

nunez1980,

lol I get you point ;)

Very interesting links you provided for me :)

I will put an order in today for some ROWAPhos

How often do you personaly replace the media, how long does it last in operation?

Thanks
John

Ironman,

knowing how long it last, can only be determined by the test on the above link, which you need a very expensive test kit to perform

I'm changing mine every 1-2 months, good luck on your setup

sam

Ironman, did you name yourself after the Black Sabbath song?

Great Song.

Sorry for being of subject.

ironman I was just trying to figure out the same thing.

nunez thanks for that link, without the search fnc I never would have found it.

nunez1980,

I can't seem to locate a vendor for the test kits mentioned. Where did you buy yours from?

Thanks
John

Back