picked up some tunzes

The mounting rails aren't too bad to work with, just make sure to get the acrylic kit if you have a branced tank with a rim around the top lip. You have to cut the rails to size.

it took me a bit to figure it out too.

If you get the maget mounting brackets keep in mind you'll have something on the outside of your glass. And I haven't used the magnet ones so I do'nt know if they implement the rotating support arm that lets you rotate the pump in any lateral direction you want.

Josh

Thanks for the pic! Where did you mount the transformer? I just actually ordered two of the suregrip 100s. I'll let you know how those work. But you can definitely use the swivel arm because u use two of the original brackets from tunze.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7554531#post7554531 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Fmellish
The mounting rails aren't too bad to work with, just make sure to get the acrylic kit if you have a branced tank with a rim around the top lip. You have to cut the rails to size.

it took me a bit to figure it out too.

If you get the maget mounting brackets keep in mind you'll have something on the outside of your glass. And I haven't used the magnet ones so I do'nt know if they implement the rotating support arm that lets you rotate the pump in any lateral direction you want.

Josh

what adapter bracket are they saying we need that doesnt come with the suregrips? Do they come with the tunzes? Or we have to buy these adapters additionally?

oh ok... well damn, that is much better than spending $60 on magnets and waiting for a year for them to ship :)

Are they going to be angled down like in the picture on marinedepot??

haha, I bought the sure grip 100s from marinedepot. Hopefully they'll be here today or tomorrow. I think you can use the swivel but for tunzes i don't think you can point them up or down.

well keep me posted, like to hear how they work out for you... i wont need to point them up or down... but I just want to make sure they sit nice and firm on there, because I am going BB, and I dont know, maybe I will need to point them towards a wall..most likely not... anyways, just let me know how they look and how firm the tunzes sit on them... I have 6100, but should be same as yours.

G

here are some pics of the magnet holders... the suregrip 100.

Tunze003.jpg

Tunze008.jpg

here's the back... a lot smaller than the tunze brackets

Tunze005.jpg

Tunze004.jpg

looks like they can be swiveled left and right?? How strong are they situated into the bracket? They wont come flying off ?

Can they be mounted horizontal instead of vertical or they will fall off?

i don't think so, i didn't even have water in there and it wasn't going to move at all. u can definitely use the swivel arm without any problems. If your worried about it coming off, I'm sure you can just use a little glue or silicon... but i don't think its really necessary. It's not tight, but its not going to fall off

that's right... ordered mine from marinedepot yesterday and it came today haha. Split shipping with my buddy since he orderd his gate valve mode for his euroreef. About 100x easier to deal with compared to the brackets haha. I can see why everyone is saying becareful with them. I had to put my whole body into it to pry it apart. With the glass in between, its much easier but still an extremely strong

cool.. thanks for the info and pix..... now if we can just come up with a cheaper version of the tunze streams ;)

Can you modify it in a way so you can use it as a cleaning magnet? Was wondering if I could place an acrylic safe pad in between the magnets.

LOOKIN GOOD YING!! congrats on the new tank, and i'll be stopping by to take a peek once you get some livestock in there :)

p.s. wanna help me move my tank in two months?? hahaha jk.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7561851#post7561851 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by bboygraphix
LOOKIN GOOD YING!! congrats on the new tank, and i'll be stopping by to take a peek once you get some livestock in there :)

p.s. wanna help me move my tank in two months?? hahaha jk.

haha, i'll help. just call me up

Back