Pictures - 800 gallon reef - 7+ years in operation

Word's can't describe I think of your tank... just too awesome.

Yes.. I would love to see your sump, filter's, and what have you. I don't think I can afford a tank of that size but you've convinced me in getting at the very least a 100 gallon reef tank and some how setup the reef like yours... LOL

How much did it cost you just to setup that tank?

Great job...

So who gets to put on the mask and fins when it comes time to clean the glass??

Damn beautiful tank, and I definitely approve of your tank viewing accessories!:D

I am stunned beyond words. I think we are in the presence of greatness. A very beautiful tank:smokin:

An absolutely fabulous tank. I can't wait to find out the details.

Roughly, what percentage of your corals are softies, LPS and SPS?

Also, what is your maintanence schedule, and what additives do you incorporate into your care?

Thanks.

Spin Man

my mouth wide open and cant close it.. it so beauty...
one of the tank should be convert to be SPS and u will have the best of both world...

The funny part is when I see that tank...Im like yeah nice tank. But actually I am SOOO much more interested in the guts. The filtration, the skimmers, the back room and all the controllers and gizmos and gadgets. I suppose that makes me a nerd.....

How or do you need to clean the glass? And that is the SWEETEST tank and set up in the basement I have EVER seen. If you were single...man that is a total chick magnet. I thought my 280 was doing me good.....lmao.

One last thing...

HOLY JACK BATMAN!

I have spent a crapload on my tanks and fish and corals....I can't imagine what you have spent...could you round it off to the nearest 10 thousand?

incredible looking tank and room. when i win the lottery, i'm digging this post out and having your whole setup copied for my house! ;) :D

I have found some pictures taken during the construction of the tank some 7+ years ago.

I will post them after I return home tonight.

Thanks for sharing your photos and thoughts. Please provide the dimensions of that tank. Thanks agian,

This makes me wonder how many people have these kinds of tanks and nobody knows. Please do not tease us any further and show us the guts of this beast.
And if you are taking requests ... could you take a photo of someone standing in front of the tank for perspective?

Thanks for finally sharing.

Carl_in_Florida said:
This makes me wonder how many people have these kinds of tanks and nobody knows. Please do not tease us any further and show us the guts of this beast.
And if you are taking requests ... could you take a photo of someone standing in front of the tank for perspective?

Thanks for finally sharing.

Noticed the last post and am, accordingly, re-posting a scanned picture that I had previously posted in a separate thread.

This picture was taken about 2 years ago and appeared in a local newspaper.

Photo_1.jpg

WOW, that might be the most impressive tank I have ever seen. Tank of the month for sure. I would say you accomplished your goal. I too would like to see the filter room.

That Acanthurus japonicus (Powder Brown Tang) is gorgeous! Keeping three (or was it four?) Acanthurus tangs in one tank is quite a feat. How do all your tangs interact? Who is the boss?

Back