Pikling lime

Mr.125

Sorta new to the broards...so hi everyone...

Can someone tell me where i can find pikling lime here in the Bay??? I live in sunnyvale.

Im not sure which bay you are referring to. There are many bays in the NYC tri state area, but I've only been able to get kalk powder from various reef stores, the supermarkets dont seem to carry pickling lime except in the fall, and even then i couldnt find it.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6945462#post6945462 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Craig Lambert
I could never find it when I lived in Walnut Creek. (The Bay Area is not Wallmart country...) If you are not able to locate it, Marine Depot sells Seachem Kalk at a decent price. The large size will take care of a 75G for a looooong time.

http://www.marinedepot.com/aquarium_additives_seachem_reef_supplements.asp?CartId=

Thanks Gary~! I havent seen a wallmart in years but im sure there is still on around.

Ive been using seachem and have goten mixed results.

"Ive been using seachem and have goten mixed results."

What do you mean by this? The results shouldn't be any different with Mrs. Waggs. Are you having problems raising your Calcium level? If so, that requires some separate steps.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6945673#post6945673 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Craig Lambert
"Ive been using seachem and have goten mixed results."

What do you mean by this? The results shouldn't be any different with Mrs. Waggs. Are you having problems raising your Calcium level? If so, that requires some separate steps.

Mixed results meaning a new line has come out and i dont like how my test results have been.
Old seachem Builder: alk 11.2dkh
New seachem Builder: alk 14.4dkh

same ratio and same religous top off schedule.
5g dripped over two days.

I'm not sure what it cost... I ordered it about a year and a half ago and got a case (that should last a few more years)

I mix 1 tsp per gallon of top off water.

The Seachem Kalk is raising your Alk level that much? You wrote buffer, but I assume you were referring to Kalkwasser, and not their product called "reef buffer".

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6945770#post6945770 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by Craig Lambert
The Seachem Kalk is raising your Alk level that much? You wrote buffer, but I assume you were referring to Kalkwasser, and not their product called "reef buffer".

Seachem calls it "reef builder". thats what i meant. And YES i have noticed that big of a swing. kida lame huh?

Any place that sells canning supplies will sell pickling lime. Most large groceries, chain drug stores, K-Mart, Wal-Mart (and they do have them in the Bay area!), and I think Kohl's.

Back