Pink Square Anthias Experience

falconut

Does or has anybody had a Pink Square Anthias in their reef? I had a Male Lyretail Anthias for 1 1/2 years until a power failure killed him. I was considering a single male pink square anthias.

sqanthias03.jpg

Does their color fade over time? Are they about as easy to keep as the Lyretail Anthias? Do they grow to full size rapidly or slowly? Is there anything else I should know about them?

Thanks,
Craig

I have a female that is in the process of turning now. its still light pink hasnt darkened up yet but its colors are getting there. great fish but its the only anthias i have at the moment.

i plan on adding a few more in the future maybe someone else can chime in

keefsama2003 - Was it hard getting her to eat? Did you have to feed her live brine in the begining or was she taking frozen from the begining? It would be the only Anthias in my tank. How big is she?

I'm considering this fish as well. I'm wondering how they do with light harassment, say from a clown wrasse.

i have mine in a tank with a damsel / marginal fairy wrasse / 2 more wrasses i havent id yet and a yellow tang.

its eating like a champ was eating like that when i got it.

i had the lfs guy actually feed the fish so i can see how it does and it was like a dog and steak.

i have had an anthias before not eat so what i did was soak some flake and brine in garlic xtreme and then feed with a baster just to the fishes location and that took about 3-4 days and it started to pick and then seemed to come around

Back