Pink Sunk Hiding

mhosts

Hey everyone...

I bought a pair of Pink Sunk Clownfish yesterday. Both seemed pretty scared at first and were hiding all day.

This morning when I woke up only one was visible and the other seems to be hiding.

I tried looking everywhere but cannot find the second clownfish. (Even checked the sump and overflow).

I didn't move any rocks around as to not stress any other fish.

Is this behaviour normal?

I have about 100lbs of rock scattered with a lot of caves and crevices, 2 ocellaris clowns, a royal gramma and a Kole Tang.

Its pretty normal for any new fish really. There is no reason to go digging around after it. Hopefully its just scared and will get over it. If it died there isn't anything you can do anyways. In the future you need to QT your fish or you are going to have a big problem. (If you don't already)

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14803920#post14803920 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by rkelman
Its pretty normal for any new fish really. There is no reason to go digging around after it. Hopefully its just scared and will get over it. If it died there isn't anything you can do anyways. In the future you need to QT your fish or you are going to have a big problem. (If you don't already)

Ok cool...

As I'm pretty new to this saltwater thing... What do you guys recommend for setting up a QT?

Should there be live rock in it? What size?

Or is there a good thread on here that has all this info.

I'd love to search for one but I've never been able to search anything as I keep getting the "Server load" message.

If you have two different species of anemone fish in the same tank. The two ocellaris clowns might be your problem. Pink skunks are very peaceful anemone fish your ocellaris could be bullying them into hiding.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14805337#post14805337 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wicked_NaCl_h2o
If you have two different species of anemone fish in the same tank. The two ocellaris clowns might be your problem. Pink skunks are very peaceful anemone fish your ocellaris could be bullying them into hiding.

I don't think that's the issue... My Occelaris fish stay at the top right of the aquarium and the Pink sunks are on the opposite side... I've never seen them interact.

I could be wrong as I'm not watching it 24/7.. But I can see how that could be an issue.

I guess time will tell.

Found Him in the Sump...

Somehow he had made it through the overflow I have topped with eggcrate, over the top of the first chamber, through my bubble trap and into the return compartment... Good thing he didn't get sucked into the pump!

He was hiding at the bottom of the sump near the black border, almost impossible to see...

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=14805337#post14805337 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by wicked_NaCl_h2o

I agree and disagree. ;)

IMO, having two different species will be an issue, but I actually think the pink skunks might end up being the aggressor. Though it would depend on which pair starts to (( if at all )) spawn first. Once my pink skunk pair started to spawn they became a lot more aggressive.

Back