Planted refugium

borderreef

I'm planning a planted refugium with mangrove and other macro. I know where to get the other macro, but I don't have much experience with online retailers selling mangrove. I've seen a few on ebay and other websites. Anyone have any insight as to where to find good quality mangrove stock? I probably only need 6-8 for the 20g sump.

you know i have had alot of luck from people on ebay getting them see if you can get them from some where in florida they are pretty much a weed down there to most people

im in florida and my lfs has them in stock all the time ill pm you the website email them maybe they can help

im not sure the rules about giving out my local lfs info on this site if its kosher let me know and ill give you the website they have mangrove seedlings in stock all the time i have to make ten more posts until i can pm you there web adress

im not sure the rules about giving out my local lfs info on this site if its kosher let me know and ill give you the website they have mangrove seedlings in stock all the time i have to make ten more posts until i can pm you there web adress

PM me when you can. I'm in no hurry. Thanks.

you know i have had alot of luck from people on ebay getting them see if you can get them from some where in florida they are pretty much a weed down there to most people

Any in particular? I've seen someone selling 6 for the same price as someone selling 20. Buth sellers have good ebay reputations. What should I be looking for?

There are two types of mangrove...red and black or red and white...one grows in water and one grows terrestrially but forgot which was which... I'll go check my Marine Biology college textbook and post momentarily...

white mangroves inland...black mangrove swampy...red mangrove on water's edge.... I suspect only red is sold but this is FYI...

Back