Please help me focus out how many radions

Zacktosterone

Hey,

I've got a 500 gallon tank PENINSULA style (so the rock is on the middle), mostly sps
The tank dimensions are 84L"x48W"x30H" I also have 4 72" Reefbrite XHO 2 are blue 2 are 50/50 white blue. In trying to figure out if I need

2 rows of 6 xr30
2 rows of 8 xr30
3 rows of 3 xr 30

3 rows of 5 xr15
3 rows of 18 xr15
2 rows of 6 xr15

I'm thinking about the future version of major colonies. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks folks

2 rows of 4 (8 lights total) Mitras LX7206.
I have one row of 2 over my 48"x24"x24" 120.
These lights are so much better the Radions. Better built, better light, more controllable, more channels, and true UV.

Look up Keith at http://Reefbum.com
to see what he's running over his new tank.

I know Keith, I've spoken to him. The peninsula he has with the mitras are too new to say anything. I personaly already decided on radion so I would rather stick with that. (I'm indecisive as f$%k so don't start a war lol)

I have an XR15 over a 2' cube. I wouldn't recommend stretching one any more than that.

I'd do at least two rows of XR15s spaced no more than 2' apart at a minimum.

If funding isn't an issue, I'd do the same thing with XR30s. I'd probably run them length wise to get the most out of the extra length.

Honestly I would go with kessill I am done with eco tech!! Nothing they make besides the MP 40’s I own (4) last! I’ve got 2 of 6 Radeon fixtures just died a week apart 4 years old , and I’ve had 2 vortechs die in the last 3 years, meanwhile my 15 year old metal halides still going strong as well as 3 -8 year old kessil tuna blues burning good,, just so disappointed with eco tech as a whole right now, and wouldn’t recommend anyone Thor products that seem way overpriced in hindsight

Back