Please help sunset monti

e6269561.jpg

It actually looks happy. I would give it some time. Good conditions: flow, ca/alk/mg, low PO4, nitrates and good lighting will give you good results.

It probably got some sedimentation damage...frequently caused by insufficient flow. I would blow off that spot daily with a pipette to prevent any further detritus from settling there to fuel algae or cyanobacteria. As TealCobra said, it looks happy otherwise.

What are your tank parameters? If you notice this problem on other corals or on this one again, you may need to bump up your flow or change it...even if you think you have enough.

Sg 1.25
Alk 9
PH 8
Cal 420
Mag 1400
Temp is 78-81
Nitrates 0
Ammonium 0
And I think I should use some more flow everything in my tank is happy and fully extended I just got scared cause I just got this and thought about scraping the bad part off maybe I'll put some more flow on this one I thought it had a good bit but I got this frag for $5 so I took it with the spot there's no nudi so I'm happy about that

Yeah, I think you're fine. It doesn't look like nudi's...just looks like it got damaged in one spot. Just keep it blown out, and it should grow back over that spot in no time. If it really bothers you, you can use a teeny bit of epoxy or super glue gel underwater to cover that spot.

I wouldn't go too crazy. Blowing off the spot with a pipette should help keep it clean enough for the coral to regrow. You may do more damage scraping. Keep in mind...corals in the wild go through *much* worse than that sort of damage. They deal with all sorts of pests, predators, storms, boat anchors, you name it. Although it's good you care so much, don't stress yourself out too much. :)

Back