Please help!!

I don't like slamming/bad mouthing a product, but API test kits are among the least reliable to use and color matching is subjective. I know you have a small aquarium. Switch to Salifert Test Kits when you can. They are subjective too, but I'd get a pH meter reader (see my post #16).

A year-old tank should not have much of a diatom population. Are you sure they are diatoms? Do you have a microscope or access to one to check this out?

Hold off on doing another 50% water change for two days. Make the water up now and check the pH of the new water before you use it to make the water change. If it is worms, you can treat the water with PraziPro
I don't like slamming/bad mouthing a product, but API test kits are among the least reliable to use and color matching is subjective. I know you have a small aquarium. Switch to Salifert Test Kits when you can. They are subjective too, but I'd get a pH meter reader (see my post #16).

A year-old tank should not have much of a diatom population. Are you sure they are diatoms? Do you have a microscope or access to one to check this out?

Hold off on doing another 50% water change for two days. Make the water up now and check the pH of the new water before you use it to make the water change. If it is worms, you can treat the water with PraziPro.
I went to a different lfs and they suggested I try PraziPro or IntestiPro. I just dosed with IntestiPro as the PraziPro says not to mix with conditioners containing sulfur and I use Prime. Has anyone used PraziPro while using Prime conditioner? Is it safe? Can I also use PraziPro even though I’ve already dosed with IntestiPro?

Update: I dosed the tank with prazipro and dosed the qt tank with the clownfish in it. Low and behold it was worms!! I found them in my original tank, a couple hours after dosing. I have yet to see them in my qt tank so I am unsure if the remaining clownfish has them or not. He seems to be doing well as of right now, so fingers crossed he stays that way. Thanks so much to everyone that gave advice. I think I am just going to completely start over, I don’t want to risk trying to salvage the tank and have any left over worms. Does anyone have any advice as how to prevent this in the future? I am still unsure where they came from and why it took so long to present itself.

Attachments

• B7E98CEE-1604-496F-AC01-0F95DBB7AE15.jpeg
    B7E98CEE-1604-496F-AC01-0F95DBB7AE15.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
  • A46C797E-29C1-49BD-AB90-F0610EAF93D1.jpeg
    A46C797E-29C1-49BD-AB90-F0610EAF93D1.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 15
There’s no 100% gurantee but the best bet is to quarantine or buy pre-QTd everything. I’m not sure what the current quarantine protocol is…@humblefish, @leebca, or @Dr. Reef may have something more specific or accepted in the hobby but I usually observe for a few weeks unmedicated…if it looks okay I let them go to the display. If not, treat as needed.

Does anyone have any advice as how to prevent this in the future?
I'm glad that there has been some resolution. (y)

You have a smallish aquarium, so it's understandable that you don't have a quarantine protocol. When you decide you are ready to add new fish you have choices to make:
1. Buy quarantined fish that have been copper treated and Praziquantel treated;
2. Buy a small quarantine tank and do your own two-tank Copper Treatment Procedure or one tank 30-day copper treatment followed by a Praziquantel treatment; or
3. In a fish only aquarium without substrate or a substrate containing only glass (silica sand) and no live rock or rock made of carbonates, be prepared to copper treat and Praziquantel treat in the main aquarium.

Avoid the use of chemical additives to your aquarium. Feed your fish the best quality foods you can, and do read through the Fish Nutrition post.

We are here to help you. Don't hesitate to ask questions about anything. . .things you've read or things you've been told. :)

Consult a fish veterinarian or aquarium professional for accurate advice. Check and maintain optimal water parameters, especially nitrate levels. Ensure proper temperature, oxygenation, and observe fish closely. Consider isolating the affected clownfish. Avoid excessive use of additives. If symptoms persist, seek professional guidance.

Back