Please Help

m-six hundred

The Most Diabolical Hater
What are these???? They do not have yellow bodies and red heads. I have nothing crawling on my corals or clams. They are...I think hatching on my overflow out of what looks like small snail shell.. ???

picture3333fj4.jpg

in the second pic you see the red thing on the black silicone. There are two red things about an inch apart.

Weird for sure. I see what your talking about. The white spirals are a type of calcareous worm, but the red things..... are they actually moving around? Slug-like? The pics are too hard to tell. Aren't you on the WS? I would suggest taking one in to AT for an ID. M. Janes has never let me down on an ID. I wish I could see a better pic, its just to hard to make out what it is. Maybe just a type of pod, but I don't know if I have ever seen a red one.

On second thought the worms from the white shells usually ave red extension for collecting food. It is possible that the red things are the worms outside of their tubes..?...?... Not sure check wetwebmedia.com see if you find anything.

Hmmm, if they are more slug-like, they could be a species of flatworm. If they have legs, they are probably some type of amphipod/copepod. It's also possible they could be nudibranchs, but that seems less likely than the other two options.

From the pictures, we can't really tell what sort of life they are. Can you see them well enough to make out whether they have legs, a head and an exoskeleton, or their bodies are completely soft?

ok i sucked one up with a turkey baster. It has no legs, no head, no exoskeleton. I am taking it to AT tomorrow night.

Back