Please ID this spot on my tang's fin

LouisianaReefer

I would appreciate it very much if anyone can please ID this spot on my tang's fin. It looks more translucent rather than white. I really hope this is not ich. The fish has been darting about a bit lately. I noticed the spot about 2 days ago. Perhaps I have not been giving him enough nori lately. He eats too many new life spectrum pellets when I feed my other fish. Here is the pic:

Honestly, I can't tell much from the pic. Lymphocystis is a common s/w fish virus that usually grows on the fins. Below is a pic of what it looks like.

cauliflower.jpg

Has the mark gotten larger since you noticed it? Looks like an abrasion to me, but if it gets worse let us know.

I will keep you all updated. I added a half dose of Seachem Paraguard to be on the safe side in case it is fin rot. I have never seen "fin rot" before. Does anyone have pics of this viral/bacterial lesion?

I will keep you all updated. I added a half dose of Seachem Paraguard to be on the safe side in case it is fin rot. I have never seen "fin rot" before. Does anyone have pics of this viral/bacterial lesion?
I know this is an old thread but how did it turn out? I have a tang that looks like has Lymphocystis and I added paraguard last night.

The fish did well. I believe the problem was because of the fish rubbing on rocks. It only came back about once in the past few months. Perhaps he tries to get in too many tight areas. I guess he likes it snug in the rocks.

Back