PLEASE READ !!!!!! and respond.

Sounds like a great idea! Would love to participate and contribute what little knowledge I have with respect to zoos.

~Dee~

You know, I miss Anthony Calfo and Ron Shimek having their own forums .. I think the Zoo forum should have Mucho as it's 'Pro'.

I'm in for a Topic of the Week, although I don't have as much experience as some of the zoa guru's in here.. it'll be great to learn more about zoas...

One suggestion, you guys think it's a good idea if the moderators can put the topic of the week as a sticky for that week?

I second the topic about: "how much flow should we give our zoas?"

Marvin

FWIW, I speak here with any official hat off. I don't moderate in this forum, don't claim to be knowledgable on zoathids ... but I love a good discussion that teaches me more about the wonderful corals I keep.
---

Mucho, I think it's a great idea.

There's a lot of collective experience, and different thoughts on how to do things - I sure don't mind learning more, possibly even changing my thoughts on some things ;)

Best of all, everyone's got something to add, if just their questions.

There's a lot of just general topics that easily could be discussed for weeks IMO. Given we're all learning from each other, we will all benefit from discussions on flow, feeding, growing, coloring, and the many other parts of making zoanthids thrive.

It looks like there was a thread of `topic ideas' started here:
http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=769905

Hey Mucho, Bob from MR here.

Great idea, as always.

Just trying to get my tanks back up after selling most of my equipment, the move and everything else that happened last year...

I thought I would start with a small tank and Zoas, to keep it simple, and here you are, quietly and politely helping wherever possible.

Thanks!

Hello Mark and Rob, long time.

Was hoping to get a couple of pages of responses before taking the next step. I'm going to send a link of this thread to Nagel and Anemone. I was kinda hoping they would be the recipients of all the potential topics and choose an appropriate topic for the week. By posting the potential topics publicly, I thought it might create a problem. Lets say that reefer A sends in a good topic and it isn't chosen as TOTW. It isn't chosen on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week etc. Now reefer B does the same thing, and again, his topic isn't chosen for the 2nd, 3rd and 4th week either. I wouldn't want to upset these two reefers and possibly others, because they, as well as others, might feel that reefer A and B's question is a better topic than the one that was chosen.

If the mods didn't want to receive the submitted topics and also choose a topic, I thought it would be a great idea if we nominated one or two reefers, ( no not me) from this forum to receive all the potential topics and choose one that is appropriate. I nominate Mark or Rob. Keeping in mind, and I mean no disrespect to anyones submitted questions, all submitted topics might not be worthy of a TOTW selection.

I just know how fast something good can go sour in a heartbeat and I really want to give this a fighting chance.

Whoever is responsible for picking and posting the TOTW, I hope it is made a sticky for the week and the subject line says, "TOTW 2/8/06", or, "Topic of the Week 2/8/06" which will truly define what this is.

I just listed 35 topics on a sheet of paper at work today that I think would be very interesting and thought provoking. I'm sure there are many many more out there and I can't wait to read them.

I hope we can all remain respectful of each other once this takes off on Sunday. I think 6 PM EST would be a great posting time as we consider all of the time zones. What do you guys/gals think?

Mucho

Last edited:
Mucho,

There are a lot of stickies already at the top of this forum. So do you think it would be possible to create a "Zoanthid FAQ, Dips, Pests and Treatments" thread that would contain links to these threads? That would help to clean up the top for the TOTW post (and in general).

FYI: Put on your thinking caps!

It looks like we'll start collecting topics/ideas this weekend, I will post here info on the best way to submit them :)

Back