Please take a look at my Triton results

alazo1

Premium Member
Aquarium is 40 breeder with a sump of about 30 gallons. Sps dominant and has been up for about 4 years.
Total volume is about 55 gallon
Alk is at about 7 dkh
Two part dose with BIONic as well as kalkwasser

Triton test results
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/aquaria-administration/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/70978/

Not having any problems now but periodically get what seems to be white areas on sps. It's hard to explain but they seem like mesenterial filaments that don't go away. They are not necessarily long strands but rather furry looking. The condition may carry on for a few months then start to get better. Last occurence stopped a few months ago when I started adding some Aquavitro Fuel. It's this reason I wanted to have a Triton test, I thought there may be something in the water irritating the corals.

From what I can tell from the test there are no excessive heavy metals other then aluminum which a lot of folks seem to have

Calcium and magnesium are low , I will correct that.

Potassium slightly low, I'll add some from the red sea colors that I have

Strontium and Molybedium are low. I have some of Kent's stuff that I just added 5ml.

Lithium is high, I've read many times that alot of salt mixes are high on this element

Phosphates are a bit high but I don't think this is causing any ill effects.

Triton test results
https://www.triton-lab.de/en/aquaria-administration/aquarium/auswertung-b/icp-oes/70978/

Any feedback on the test would be helpfull
thanks,
Albert

The lithium reading, if accurate, might be due to the salt product. Some of them seem to have a fair amount of lithium. The other numbers are fine as is. Their target for calcium is a reasonable level, but the level indicated for your tank is fine, too.

Thanks for the reply.

I have another question. Do these tests measure salinity?. There is an "NA" value, if it is that how do you convert to sg?
thanks,
Albert

I am not sure what each report contains. I don't know what "NA" might mean, but it's probably not SG.

That would be my guess, too, but I didn't see NA in the report. Maybe you meant "Na", which is sodium.

Thanks for the reply.

I have another question. Do these tests measure salinity?. There is an "NA" value, if it is that how do you convert to sg?
thanks,
Albert

ICP can't really measure salinity. It can only measure individual elements.

Your report does show a reading for Na (sodium). It appears to be within a couple percent of their recommended setpoint, so I think you can assume your salinity is at least not completely out of whack.

Back