PLZ help, need info on REEF GROW MH bulbs

spoon25

any info on these bulbs are greatly appreciated, 250watt 15 k MH's, german made bulb is called REEF GROW, for a m58type ballast...i cant find par value or anything on these things...they look great though

They suck ***. The only thing they will grow is red slime. Poor spectrum. I had 20k bulbs that were yellow.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=6953458#post6953458 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by spoon25
really these 15k are really blue

Well good luck with them. They caused alot of problems in my tank in a short period of time. I switched to xm and it was obvious that the problem was the reef grow bulbs...I got mine through an online store Catalina Aquarium (wow they suck), but that's a whole other story...

ive only heard 2 bad things about these bulbs, you and sanjay, sanjay said he hasnt tested them yet b/c reef grow 15k bullbs are new and he hasnt got to them yet....i like my color, lets hope the growth is good, i havent seen any change dramatically yet its only been 2 days though i think my tank is starting to recycle b/c of it.......hope not....anyhows thanks for the input, but these 15k bulbs are new and catalina used to be the manufactuer but they changed names and some other thiings around, lets hope they changed the way the design them too...ill keep you posted

Back