Pohl's Coral Vitalizer - non-zeovit users?

snorvich

Team RC member
Team RC
Do any non-zeovit users use this product? What have been your results? Do you dose at full dosage?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Been using it for about 4 months. Not sure of its effect but I have great poylp extension throughout the day and coral colors have become a bit deeper as I was battling pale corals (barebottom). However I have also been feeding more heavily so not sure if its only the CV thats doing it.

Here are a couple of pics......Wish I had some before shots...

eric_frag.jpg

austeragreenbluefull.jpg

About two years ago, I used PCV and noticed growth spurts. The most noticeable change occured during the first bottle usage. Into the second bottle, I saw no more growth spurts or increase in polyp extension. The results just seem to drop off after using the first bottle.

IMO, for the money they charge on tiny growth changes, it is not worth it. Sponge power on the other hand has given me better results so far, we'll see if the results drop off on this product as well.

Are you running any other parts of the zeo system? Are you dosing the recommended amount on the Coral vitalizer?

I did not think that Sponge Power was for acros. Am I wrong? Does it help coloration?

No, I'm not running any part of the basic 4 of the zeo method, I use the FM system. The only product I currently use is Sponge Power. Back when I dosed PCV, I was at the recommended amount, then later I decided to increase by 2 drops and nothing improved or went bad.

Yes just recently started others KZ products, but was only running PCV by itself for a while, was trying to darken my colors....

Now I use:
Sponge Power (3-4 drops daily)
Zeostart2 0.2 ml, 2 x day (AM and PM)
CV 3-4 drops a day
AAHC 3-4 drops a day
Prodi Biodigest 1 ampule weekly
Prodi Bioptim 1-2 ampules weekly

Sponge power is originally intended for sponges, sea squirts, and tridacnas, but most of the changes occurred with my acros. I've been dosing it for 3 weeks now and their hasn't been much change in color, most of the change for the acros were extended growth tips. Most of the change occured with my A. Valida, all others gained some extended growth tips, but not as much as the Valida acro.

Pohl's Coral Vitalizer got me interested so I went to the zeovit forums to find out about this product... I also checked the sponge powder. You know what is funny is every person says they got an increase in color and growth with CV but not one post before and after pics... Then the same thing with sponge powder?

I looked at a few more of their additives and some are not supposed to be used with the zeovit system. There is definantly hyping of products there holly cow.. One person has posted in every additive thread. By the time he get done dosing his tank there must not be any water left just additives. He says the samething he has increased growth and had to turn up his calcium reactor.. Dude must go through a large c02 tanks aday by now. ...

I am not ripping on zeovit they do have some nice products and the zeovit system does work but holly cow some of those people there are so hype driven its crazy. I guess the same goes for every board though... I would really like to see some before and after pics for what this stuff costs.

Dave

Last edited:
There was a thread just like this posted in the last few months I think. In it I said that I had tried PCV, but didn't notice any difference. Maybe in very low nutrient tanks the effect would be greater.

Been using CV for years now, on it's own as a food. Does and continues to give great growth and PE.

recently began using SP, results look good, brighter tips I think but inconclusive yet.

No other additives used.

Pohl's Coral Vitalizer got me interested so I went to the zeovit forums to find out about this product... I also checked the sponge powder. You know what is funny is every person says they got an increase in color and growth with CV but not one post before and after pics... Then the same thing with sponge powder?

I looked at a few more of their additives and some are not supposed to be used with the zeovit system. There is definantly hyping of products there holly cow.. One person has posted in every additive thread. By the time he get done dosing his tank there must not be any water left just additives. He says the samething he has increased growth and had to turn up his calcium reactor.. Dude must go through a large c02 tanks aday by now. ...

I've tried both CV and Sponge Power. I still use CV and find that it does improve polyp extension and to some degree, color.

Sponge Power I have discontinued because it increased the growth and reproduction of nuisance anemonies in my tank (jewell and majanos). But while I did use it, I had to turn up my Ca Rx bubble count as well to keep up with the increased growth rate. So that is no hype. A bunch of people noticed the same thing...I would estimate that 70% of people using SP have reported an increase in growth rates and Alk utilization so the common advice is to carefully monitor Alk levels after beginning SP and be prepared to tweak your Ca Rx bubble count and/or effluent rate after 2-3 weeks of daily SP dosing.

Back