poly filter

i think they are all color shifting. pretty much any fish store should carry them know for sure Byerly's and Jack's Easton have them.

lol thats wierd. ive never actually stopped to look for them locally. i do alot of ordering online pretty regularly. but hopfully alot of that will change with phishys opening. jacks is pretty limiting and im rarely in byerleys area.

mine I get is color shifting. They start out white and end up the horrid greenish brown. dont get any more color shifting than that!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Dusty you're on the east side right?
The new Jack's in Canal sells them. Just picked up a couple from them Sunday and they had a few left.

yep im on the east side. man i just stopped into that jacks 2 days ago to pick up salt (bags of IO on sale for $12) and didnt even look.

I realize this may sound like a dumb question, but ok, I will ask anyways. What is the purpose of the color change?

Not a dumb question @ all :)
The color change is an indicator as to what Poly Filter is pulling out of the water.
Blue = Copper
Red = Iron
Green = Ammonia
Organics=Brown to Black

Are they necessary? Absolutely not!
Poly Filter is used in tank. You can use it in place of the filter floss or filter socks that some folks use. You can also run them in a cannister typer filter.
They are also supposed to remove phosphates, the reason I use them.

necessary? no but many have found them as a good addition for chemical filtration in their tanks. From what I understand they are also real good at quick extraction of unwanteds. Hey Porky, do you use carbon also or just the poly filter?

yep phosphates are a motha! rowa,carbon,poly. 24/7 like porky. stopped into byerleys (because i worked in the area today) and low and behold they were out of polyfilters too. $13 for a bar of cyclo and i come home to see AA has buy one get one free?!?
for the first time in my life i think, i wish i woulda popped in AA lol!

Back