Pond!

I have had them several years. They are full grown now.
IMG_6075.jpeg

IMG_6074.jpeg

They are eating squid rings and tentacles from the grocery in this pic. The is a 24 inch deep 180 gallon tank. I originally had them in a 75 but upsized when I thought they were too big for it. Both are longer than the tank is deep. One is slightly thicker and longer than the other with a larger head.
You don't see them much except when they are hungry. Sometimes that is every day and sometimes after 10. They jump, you need a lid. I found one in the floor covered in dog hair. I picked it back in the tank and it was fine. You need a good bio filter. You are pitching meat chunks in to feed. 8 cut squid rings or large silversides would be a meal for both. I feed when they come out looking for food.
There is a large fox face, 2 dwarf angels, powder blue tang and and 4 butterfly fish in with them. I have not added and small or thin fish in with them. Only 3-4 inch flat sided ones. Clean up crew is tricky. They eat snails, crabs and conchs. There are several urchins in there and they have not bothered them.
They used to chase each other a bit and squabble over food but get along fine now and are frequently seen in the same place together.
They dig tunnels under everything to live in. They are strong and move even large rocks around.

Read about thiaminase and don't feed them minnows or goldfish.

Back