Possible mantis shrimp?

Corona007

I keep hearing this clicking noise coming from my tank but yet to see anything causing it (mantis)? is it possible that it came in my LR?
If it is how do I find it and get it out?

My tank is about 8 months 20 gal. i have a lot of stomatella snails (30 count) that I could see at one time. From babies to 3/4" bunch of babies come out at night and hang out on lower part of glass. A few copepods, big isopods and a few shy peanut worms.

Anyway, thx.

Do you have any cardinal fish? They are known to make a clicking noise as well.

YEP you have one.

Same thing in my tank for 25 years and many major tear downs and even rock cooking in tubs in the basement.

Might have seen him once and he was clear as glass little over an inch, but ive heard him for decades.

And yes cleaners go missing.

I have hand scrubbed every rock, installed new sand beds, changed tanks, he must have found a hole in the LR and now I only worry when I don't hear the clicks lol

YEP you have one.

Same thing in my tank for 25 years and many major tear downs and even rock cooking in tubs in the basement.

Might have seen him once and he was clear as glass little over an inch, but ive heard him for decades.

And yes cleaners go missing.

I have hand scrubbed every rock, installed new sand beds, changed tanks, he must have found a hole in the LR and now I only worry when I don't hear the clicks lol

i thought most mantis had a reasonably short lifespan, like 5-8 years. perhaps i am just thinking of the larger type like peacocks?

Back