Possibly a flatworm? Help id please

impur

Did a WC on my little cube yesterday and saw this guy on the glass. I have not seen a flatworm like this before, any ideas on an ID?

TIA!

20140511_145348_zpst32xf4iv.jpg

20140511_145315_zpsdk1uftux.jpg

20140511_145237_zpsspt94jfm.jpg

20140511_145234_zpsc0makjzt.jpg

I think it might be a nudibranch, as opposed to a flatworm. Lets see what others think.

Hmmm well it definitely does not have any cerata, I'm not sure if there are nudibranchs without cerata?

There are plenty of nudibranchs without cerata, but I can't see enough detail to be sure whether it's a flatworm or nudibranch. If it's a flatworm, it's one of the species that mimic nudibranchs (there are a bunch that do). It does look like it has horns or rhinophores, but I can't tell from the pics whether it has an external gill on the dorsum.

Don

There are plenty of nudibranchs without cerata, but I can't see enough detail to be sure whether it's a flatworm or nudibranch. If it's a flatworm, it's one of the species that mimic nudibranchs (there are a bunch that do). It does look like it has horns or rhinophores, but I can't tell from the pics whether it has an external gill on the dorsum.

Don

Thanks for the info Don!

Back