Post Pics of Pulsing Sinularia??

Does anyone need frags of this? (or a colony) I was getting ready to trade mine in at the local pet store... I bought a frag from Mustang quite a while back. it is about 8-10 inches deflated... I had it in my sump for a couple of days while I was re arranging my tank. I only have a couple of soft corals and want to get em out...

-Ed

that's a cool video sukie, thanks for sharing. True percs, I wish you were closer, I would take it

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=11492508#post11492508 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by truepercs
Does anyone need frags of this? (or a colony) I was getting ready to trade mine in at the local pet store... I bought a frag from Mustang quite a while back. it is about 8-10 inches deflated... I had it in my sump for a couple of days while I was re arranging my tank. I only have a couple of soft corals and want to get em out...

-Ed
'

If you ship I'll take it.....

It's the coral in the center of the tank.. :) (It was about the size of a soccer ball before, but I chopped about 90% of it when I downgraded. )

fulltank_188.jpg

Never shipped before? I would give it a try. I could actually frag mine up into decent size colonies... 5" with about 8-10 3" branches... I could cut it up into about 8 of these sections.

I guess you can send me a message to take this offline, otherwise they may pull the post?

-Ed

Pic of pulsing sinularia, grown from 3/4 frag from Mustang

It is not fully opened it was sitting in the dark for 1 1/2 days...
When cleaning my tank I forgot that I put it in the sump

-Truepercs

239317468-L.jpg

Last edited:
Freed said:
All the polyps will close at the same time and then within seconds they will open back up.

this sounds more like what I know as Blushing Leather.

The Pulsing Leather is more random (not so rythmic), only visible in low to no current, and as described by some above, more like the polyp opening up rather than in xenias where they pulse closed.

Wow. Old thread. Here are some pics of a pulsing sin I picked up a couple of years ago. Very fast grower. I've had it under subdued lighting and flow and it still grows fast... I'l have to get a pic of the original one I posted in this thread. Not a pulsing sin, but it used to pulse.

pulsing-sin01.jpg

pulsing-sin02.jpg

I recently saw one in HK :thumbsup:

http://www.reef.hk/forum/index.php?showtopic=11042

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/veJMw04R3zg?fs=1&hl=zh_TW&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/veJMw04R3zg?fs=1&hl=zh_TW&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

IMG_20100928_234721.jpg

mine gets hit with a good amount of flow, but when i shut the pump off for any reason, it definitely pulses. it is hard to see unless you concentrate on the coral because the polyps are so small as compared to xenia, but it definitely pumps

Back