Post your setups!

Im running a 120 gallon Crystal Dynamics tank with a ghost overflow. This tank has been through 2 giant crashes in the 6 years or so its been set up. Right now things are looking good.

I think a huge part of what was causing instability was starting with all dry rock. I think people are starting to realize that dry rock takes at least 18-24 months to really be able to support thriving SPS. I started with dry rock because its cheaper and is pest free but those things seem to find their way into our tanks regardless if not super strict with quarantine.

ALCqeLi.jpg
Wow!!...Loving everyone's tanks..Gorgeous! How are you liking the Crystal Dynamics tank? Did you buy their stand also? Thinking about going bigger..I have a 29 gallon biocube now.

Be careful. They do stand behind there product but you have to watch there product. My tank has at least 3 bubbles in the glass ( not going to bother at this point. My buddy paid starfire custom ordered. As soon as he put lights on 3 months after cycling rocks, patches of bubbles and glass was green. My friend didn't even see the green glass. The owner came out and noticed it and said sorry. That just sucks. His tank is full of water, rock, sand, and it's plumbed. The overfflow on mine has popped loose from tank glass. The paint they use chips and comes off very easy.

I was pushing these guys, but now I don't know. Sorry for ranting. It just sucks that people want to always mass produce in this world instead give an a+ product. Charge a little more and give me a good product if you can't give phenomenal.

There set up are a good price. That's all I can say about that.

Hard part of being a craftsmen myself, is it's very hard to find anyone to work for me, and products no matter what I spend, just are visibly made with not much care.

Thinking about custom making a nice stand and tank. The hardest part is i can't stop saying to myself, " if you want something right, you have to do it yourself".

set up a 6g fluval edge that I cut the top off to make it rimless. suppose to be a softie tank with clowns for my daughter, but i took it a step further. running purigen, chemi-pure, glass skimmer, mp10w, and a hipargero aqua light led (10w/10b) waiting on house to close so i can set up a rsr350.

5d449da65c19a818343d15cf1b527faf.jpg

Last edited:
Be careful. They do stand behind there product but you have to watch there product. My tank has at least 3 bubbles in the glass ( not going to bother at this point. My buddy paid starfire custom ordered. As soon as he put lights on 3 months after cycling rocks, patches of bubbles and glass was green. My friend didn't even see the green glass. The owner came out and noticed it and said sorry. That just sucks. His tank is full of water, rock, sand, and it's plumbed. The overfflow on mine has popped loose from tank glass. The paint they use chips and comes off very easy.

I was pushing these guys, but now I don't know. Sorry for ranting. It just sucks that people want to always mass produce in this world instead give an a+ product. Charge a little more and give me a good product if you can't give phenomenal.

There set up are a good price. That's all I can say about that.

Hard part of being a craftsmen myself, is it's very hard to find anyone to work for me, and products no matter what I spend, just are visibly made with not much care.

Thinking about custom making a nice stand and tank. The hardest part is i can't stop saying to myself, " if you want something right, you have to do it yourself".
:lol: might help to say what you are ranting about

Wasn't gonna rant. But I can't stand when companies send out sub par product. And fix it when you complain. It's be nice if we didn't have to go through any trouble, and just use out tanks.

Wasn't too hard to figure out what you were talking about. And it's good info, for my next upgrade which will probably be custom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wasn't gonna rant. But I can't stand when companies send out sub par product. And fix it when you complain. It's be nice if we didn't have to go through any trouble, and just use out tanks.

I knew what you were talking about but wasnt sure everyone else would. Mine has some of those bubbles too. Sucks because I didnt notice them till a few weeks after it was filled with water. Would also be nice if the places that sold them inspected them before selling them...

I knew what you were talking about but wasnt sure everyone else would. Mine has some of those bubbles too. Sucks because I didnt notice them till a few weeks after it was filled with water. Would also be nice if the places that sold them inspected them before selling them...

Curious, have any pictures of these bubbles? I almost pulled the trigger with a cd but later decided to build my own at less than half the cost (ada 120p).

Back