Power Compact question

serhiyi

Was looking for this info all day and could not find :( Can you help, please?

I have coralife fixture with 4 x 65w bulbs (two power cords).

I'm going to replace lights and need some info.

I'm running all 50/50 bulbs (I think its 10k/actinic03)
I have bright colors on my frogspawn and red mushrooms but they do not glow like you can see in the store.

What bulbs should I use to have corals glow, but still have enough of light required for them to grow?

Will be 2 50/50 and 2 actinic a good/bad idea?
What is better on/off schedule in this case? I have 2 bulbs on 10:00-20:00 and two other 12:00-22:00.

Thanks a lot.

Well its the 420nm or the Actinic 03 that helps the coral glow. I was asking around the same question earlier for my tank and I found you should be ok with...460nm and a 420nm. and the 50/50 for the other 2 slots this should give the tank a pleasing color to the eyes and also help your corals glow. Also I would change your timers around to where the 50/50 come on during the middle of your actinic light cycle to simulate the effect of dusk/dawn...Hope this works out for you

Thank you.
I checked some bulbs in local store. Looks like Actinic 03 (420) does not produce a lot of "visible" light. It's almost darc comparing to 10k or even to Actinic Blue (460).

If I have two Actinit 03 (420) and two 10k/Actinic03, will be it to dark for eyes?
Or is it two Actinic Blue (460) and two 10k/Actinic03 what I should go for?

What was your setup, mario420?

One more question, how long I should run just actinic for dusk/dawn effect?

Thank a lot.

Back