Preparing for new tank

Rovert

Premium Member
I have a new Cade 1800S2 on the way, and wondering if any of you recommend placing a board or other material beneath the stand to help distribute weight, even out the surface, help deaden sound and give the splashes somewhere to land befoe the hit the floor.

The room where the tank is going has a hardwood floor. I was thinking of laying down 3/4" marine grade plywood painted with some water resistant coating and maybe placing down some wood floor or tile underlayment just to be on the safe side.

Or, am I over-thinking this? :eek:

I have a new Cade 1800S2 on the way, and wondering if any of you recommend placing a board or other material beneath the stand to help distribute weight, even out the surface, help deaden sound and give the splashes somewhere to land befoe the hit the floor.

The room where the tank is going has a hardwood floor. I was thinking of laying down 3/4" marine grade plywood painted with some water resistant coating and maybe placing down some wood floor or tile underlayment just to be on the safe side.

Or, am I over-thinking this? :eek:
Nice tank. I'm not sure a wood platform is necessary or helpful but a piece of vinyl or other waterproof membrane might be a good idea to protect the hardwood from water exposure. Here's a resource for any support concerns:

How Large an Aquarium can my floor support

How-Large-an-Aquarium-can-my-floor-support--560x420.jpg

Back