Priolepis nocturna and Pseudochromis fridmani?

SDguy

Fish heads unite!
Premium Member
I'd like to add a pair of orchid dottybacks to my tank since I'm done having shrimp. Any problems with them and my pair of white tiger gobies (Priolepis nocturna)? It is a 115g tank, but the rock is all in pillars, so there aren't tons of places to hide....

Any first hand experience would be greatly appreciated....

My aquascaping, for reference....
IMG_0980.jpg

It's my experience that Pseudochromis will be more likely to harass a fish that has similar swimming habits or is an open water swimmer. I've never kept the species that you're wondering about together, but have housed plenty of small gobies together with Pseudochromis and haven't had any real problems. Keep in mind, you may be asking for trouble by getting a pair of Fridmani, since that may lead to spawning and enhanced aggression.

Oh, that's interesting...didn't think about that.

Well, I'm pretty sure the gobies are breeding (have seen a quite distended stomach containing something orange/pink inside of one goby on more than one occasion), and this is near the breeding percs, so hopefully the dotties would set up camp on the other side of the tank? :)

I had a Neon Dottyback with a Priolepis nocturna no problem for 2 years until I got rid of the neon. And Neons are a lot meaner then Fridmanis the neon didn't even take notice of the goby.

Back