problem with synergy sump 34

Zacktosterone

So I ordered this super cool sump from synergy reef. I waited 3 weeks to get it and it finally comes in... All good right? Not really. I open the sump and what do I find? The two bulkheads for the sump are 1.5 inches..... THATS HUGE what happened to 1"??? What can I do to fix this. my drains on my tank are bean animal are 1".

_20140523_012634.jpg

I was thinking of adding reducers on both sides. Would that solve my issue?

That would be the way to go. Use a reducer bushing or coupling. Your hardware store should stock it. If not you can get it at Bulkreefsupply or Marine Depot.

That's not a problem. That is how they are spec'd, unless you special ordered it with 1" bulkheads. You can reduce them without any problems.

So I ordered this super cool sump from synergy reef. I waited 3 weeks to get it and it finally comes in... All good right? Not really. I open the sump and what do I find? The two bulkheads for the sump are 1.5 inches..... THATS HUGE what happened to 1"??? What can I do to fix this. my drains on my tank are bean animal are 1".

View attachment 278736

View attachment 278736

well this is straight from their website:

Inlet: Two (2) x 1.5" FIPT (Threaded) x Slip Bulkhead

So unless you specifically ordered it with 1" bulkheads, you essentially got what you ordered?

well this is straight from their website:

So unless you specifically ordered it with 1" bulkheads, you essentially got what you ordered?

I'm very well aware of that. I didn't see it when ordering and I did not state that it was their mistake. I remember asking how I can fix it. Thanks though

so i'm guessing this isn't a problem. the plumbing will be fine when i reduce it? any reason why they would make them so large as a stock item?

You are overthinking this.
Reducing is fine. Just get a reducer and be done with it. Ton of people run tanks like this.

I don't have 2 inch bulkheads in my sump. I do have 2" PVC to 1 1/2 bulkheads. Heck I even have 1" PVC To 3/4 for my returns.

i have the same sump i love it i just bought a reducer and all is good but i have their sump and ato container both are awesome would definitely order from them again.

standard drains on most tanks over 75g is 1.5 inch. so def not huge by any stretch.. reducing is fine

Back