Programmable timer down to minutes or seconds of the day

BuckeyeFish

Hey all,

I need a timer that can run my dosing pump for a minute or less at a time. I only need to dose roughly 2-5 mL of ALK throughout the course of a 12 hour period. Most dosing pumps only dose as slow as 2mL/min so I would love to be able to find a timer that can run for say 10 seconds at a time.

Send your recs!

Cheers,
Sam

A Hydros controller can do that but that may not be what you are looking for
An XS starter package with an AC dosing pump.
20550.jpg

$199
You tell the controller how many ml/min your dosing pump is, how much you want added per day, how many times to split that into. You optionally can tell it a start and end time.
dos.jpg

This page adds 5000ml of kalk divided into 48 doses into my system. (there is a multiplier of 10 built into my program)
104ml every 1/2 hour.
Plus you could do other things with it as well like be your ATO or monitor your skimmate.
I am adding a Hydros XS to a 75 gallon freshwater tank for temperature control and ATO right now. Soon it will do water changes every day for me.

When I started Pfffft on controllers. Who needs them.
I have 4 now doing and watching things for me.

Last edited:
Disclaimer that I should've added. I'm a broke graduate student. So I want something cheap. I want the BRS 2 part doser, so just need a super simple outlet timer that can control it in second increments

A Hydros controller can do that but that may not be what you are looking for
An XS starter package with an AC dosing pump.
20550.jpg

$199
You tell the controller how many ml/min your dosing pump is, how much you want added per day, how many times to split that into. You optionally can tell it a start and end time.
View attachment 32399044
This page adds 5000ml of kalk divided into 48 doses into my system. (there is a multiplier of 10 built into my program)
104ml every 1/2 hour.
Plus you could do other things with it as well like be your ATO or monitor your skimmate.
I am adding a Hydros XS to a 75 gallon freshwater tank for temperature control and ATO right now. Soon it will do water changes every day for me.

When I started Pfffft on controllers. Who needs them.
I have 4 now doing and watching things for me.
I think you sold me. The tab for Hydro XS on BRS is on my google chrome right now. Probably going to place the order for it tonight. I am almost never home, so I think a controller is an essential investment for me anyway.

I think you sold me. The tab for Hydro XS on BRS is on my google chrome right now. Probably going to place the order for it tonight. I am almost never home, so I think a controller is an essential investment for me anyway.

Yea! You are avoiding being held hostage behind the orange curtain.

Back