Programming an Apex for 30s Dose

jpitch

Premium Member
I would like to dose for 30 seconds on my apex. From what I understand, I need to use the OSC command since seconds are involved. However, understanding how to do it is beyond me at the moment. I would like to dose once a day at 5pm for 30 seconds. It's that simple yet so frustrating! Please help! Thanks.

Fallback OFF
OSC 59:00/0:30/0 Then ON
If Time 18:00 to 16:00 Then OFF

Am I close?

Close

Fallback OFF
OSC 59:00/0:30/0:30 Then ON

The code you had at would of dosed at 17:00 for 30 seconds then again at 17:59 and 30 seconds just needed to add a few seconds to the last off timer of the OSC statement.
Hope that helps

Mark

So you need to tell it to stop for the second 30 seconds? Much appreciated for the help! More input is always welcome. Trying to learn the language rather than have someone just tell me what the answer is.

So you need to tell it to stop for the second 30 seconds?

Yes and no if you would like a little better explanation I do my best.

With the Apex the last true code wins, That's why you added the If time statement.
OSC = OFF/ON/OFF when using the Then ON code as a suffex.

So at 16:01 the timer statement is no longer true and this allowed the OSC statement to become true. The first part or off timer was set at 59:00 So add 59 to 16:01 that's 17:00 and means the second part the 0:30 would be on and it would run until 17:00 and 30 seconds. Now since we added the 0:30 to the last part the second off statement the time is now 17:01 and it will cycle the first part again 59:00 making it 18:00 until it tries to turn on again, but by that time the timer line is true again and it will not allow it to come back on.

Hope that helps and did not confuse.

Mark

Oy, I learned a little bit more after that explanation. Thanks a bunch. I can run that particular scenario through my head and make sense of it but having a hard time applying it to another scenario! LOL, it reminds me of the old joke:

You and a friend are walking on a bridge. On the other side of the bridge you see someone else. You say to your friend, "Brothers and sisters have I none, but that man's father is my father's son"

Trust me.

I am sure others as well as me have struggled with the osc statement. One day you will say AHHH I get it now. Now after 2 plus years don't ask me a question about networking or port forwarding. I just cant comprehend. If in the future have any questions just give it your best shot and if you want pm me or post it here that's the best thing about a user supported forum. I may not have the answer, but someone does and willing to help...

Mark

Fallback OFF
If Time 19:00 to 11:00 Then OFF
If Time 13:00 to 17:00 Then OFF

This would program 2 30 sec dosing periods. Once at noon and once at 6pm correct?

Back