Protein Skimmer JNS ConeS CO-1 loud...

Darklude

Hi everyone, newbie here that decided to jump in the saltwater aquarium so bare with me if my question sounds stupid :)

I've purchased a used Reefer 250 that came with a JNS ConeS CO-1 as the protein skimmer. Not sure if something is not setup correctly or not, but the "water return" is loud since the output is above the water level in the sump (it's the v1 sump version of Reefer 250 and the ATO reservoir is not there anymore). Since the aquarium is installed in the leaving room, I've always have the "waterfall sound" and it's starting to be annoying :rolleye1:

Is there a trick to silence this or should I look for another protein skimmer? I've not idea if the JNS ConeS CO-1 is a good protein skimmer or not but it came with the aquarium, should I look for an alternative?

Thx for your help!

HI, I have same skimmer and water outflow is below surface. no noise at all.
Recommended Water Level is 9.5"
sorry for pink color, its sump light.

20220131_224244.jpg

Attachments

• 20220131_224157.jpg
    20220131_224157.jpg
    648 KB · Views: 0
HI, I have same skimmer and water outflow is below surface. no noise at all.
Recommended Water Level is 9.5"
sorry for pink color, its sump light.

Thx kukulin! Yes I know it supposed to be underwater (thus it's why I've the waterfall sound now). The issue is that I can't rise the level in the sump to 9.5". Are you using a Red Sea Reefer 250 with the first version of the sump?

Thx,

Last edited:
Back