Pseudochromis Spawning

Al

When I set up my current reef after being away from the hobby for a year the idea was a low maintenance, low impact reef. So after the rock cycled I got some aquacultured montipora frags and macroalgae from Inland Aquatics, I pretty much left everything alone for a year. I did have a Aptasia scare, there were some attached to a coral and some of the seaweeds, so the coral and seaweed in question were immediately removed. As much as I like Inland Aquatics, they, and I guess any aquaculture place, is going to have a pest problem. Ah well, you are supposed to quarantine.

Last week I got a tank raised and mated pair of Friedman's Pseudos, also from Inland. The idea here was not only no reef impact, but also that my guests would have a halfway normal life. Today I found they had spawned. Didn't plan on this and certainly didn't think it was that easy.

Pseudos spawn regularly in the home aquarium. Infact many people actually bred them and raise the fry.
If you want to raise the fry-great, we can talk about it.(also search in the fish breeding forum)

Otherwise allow the fry to be tank food
frank

Frank, thanks for the reply. What's involved in raising the fry? I do not have a lot of space (I live in NYC), but if it doesn't require a marine biology lab, it might be possible.

Try putting this thread in the fish breeding forum. You will get a better response. But hey, good luck- can't wait to see how it works out!

Back