Puffer ID Please

krjackso

Hey Folks. Been a while but making the switch over to a FOWLR. Have a 260 gallon tank and picked up this guy. I know he is from Hawaii but thats about it. Can anyone ID him? Looking to make sure he will play nice and I can care for him properly.

He's not necessarily aggressive. I have him in QT with a butterfly and Idol, so they can hold there own. He is however, so uncalm! He freaks at the littlest things. thrashing and banging around the tank. I was hoping for the typical friendly docile type puffer that follow you around if you know what I mean.

Anyone know exactly what he is? Thanks.

Give him time and he will calm down for you. I have owned one in the past, as a little 2 inch guy he was very "zippy" but as he grew up and calmed down and mellowed out until feeding time of course.

cool. thanks for the quick response. Yea he is super skiddish. had him for two weeks now. eating whole shrimp only at this point. Appreciate the id. everything Ive read says these guys are great additions. thanks.

Np. You can also feed clams on the half shell and squid. Just make sure he gets plenty of hard types of food with shells such as shrimp, snails, and crabs. Those foods will keep his beak in check. And variety is the key to their health every feeding change up what you give him.

Back