Pulsing xenia

gareth.hubbarde

Hi there, new to this so wanted to ask, someone near me selling frags of corals including pulsing xenia and zoas. Just wanted to see how easy they are to maintain, how friendly they are etc. I have a leather coral in my tank at the moment. Is there any recommendations about these corals and subsequent positions etc?
6819c1735a69487ce239694a5b0b20a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk

with decent water quality and light, shouldn't be too hard, some happy problems as if left uncheck can overrun the tank

Sam

I love pulsing xenia. They can be a pain if you want to get into heavy LPS/SPS corals, as they like colonizing their tank....but personally, I find that a plus in a softy-dominated tank. All that motion is incredibly relaxing.

In terms of demands, they can be (randomly) finicky. My first two attempts melted away; I acquired a large colony on a rock from a fellow reefer, and that rock colony has thrived and grown massively in a relatively "dirty" tank with relatively low light from T5s (my nice Kessils have been temporarily relocated to my office system).

pulsing Xenia is a pest. It encrusts quickly and overtakes faster than any other coral except hairy mushrooms.

I use it as a scrubber and export it to give away for free to local reef keepers. It found its way to my sump and my external scrubber. I will give as much away as anyone can carry out. In some cases, it's enough to fill a gallon ziplock without water.

It's also almost indestructible. I've literally crushed it trying to rip it off the rockwork. I've torn it apart and both pieces survive. Even the single polyps that slip out of my fingers will start a new colony wherever they land.

Just feed regularly and it will go out of control.

Hi there, new to this so wanted to ask, someone near me selling frags of corals including pulsing xenia and zoas. Just wanted to see how easy they are to maintain, how friendly they are etc. I have a leather coral in my tank at the moment. Is there any recommendations about these corals and subsequent positions etc?
6819c1735a69487ce239694a5b0b20a9.jpg

Sent from my SM-A310F using Tapatalk
Where are you located i have huge pulsing xenia 3,4,5,6 stalks per frag 5 bucks
d5220423cbd575afd24d9ec08edca9c0.jpg

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Back