Pump suggestion

clines4

I'm looking for ideas and suggestions on a pump. I've got a 180 gal tank, 50 gal sump, 30 gal fuge. I want to keep everything! Not really, but a nice reef display. Need some input on return pump; flow cap, manufacturer, you get the idea.

Your return pump should only supply a very small percentage of your overall flow. Use powerheads, streams, vortechs to provide most of your tank flow. Need to know where your sump is located in relation to the tank to give an actual pump suggestion because the amount of head pressure plays a critical role in picking a pump. But in general, you're looking for a pump that can supply between maybe 1,000 and 2,000gph to your tank.

Price seems a little high, pump looks to be about the right size though. Have you looked at the Reeflo pumps? A Snapper or Dart would be comparable to that amount of flow, and would be cheaper. Look at premiumaquatics.com

I'm actually buying a used one that is 6 mos old for way less than that. I'm looking at the ones you suggested, thanks.

Back