Purple Leather Coral

woofyitalian

I've had a purple leather coral for about 6 or 8 months now... It was one of the first things I put in my tank. It does the regular "skin shedding" thing, but after I'd had him in there for a while, he kind of turned more of a tannish/pinkish color (not sure when it happened.)
Lately he's been getting some white area which have started to turn the original dark purple after a few days and this morning I check him out and he's pretty much purple again.
Is this normal? Am I doing something wrong, or right? He's pretty much my favorite coral, so I don't want to lose him. My perc clown has also taken to hosting in him, which is kind of cool to watch (he rubs all against him, lies in there and spends the night in there when he closes up some...)
All of my parameters are normal and my calcium tends to run in the high 400's. My salinity had been running pretty high (from evaporation, I guess, it's a nano-cube) when I checked it, it was a little over 1.026, but I'm bringing it down to 1.024 very slowly over a few weeks... Could this be it? Everything else in there seems to be thriving (including the leather, I'm just wondering about the color...)
Thanks for the info!!
-Mike

Back