Pyramid Butterfly sick fish - help ID what went wrong

NancyT3

I have a 140 gal FOwLR tank, Salinity 30.1 PPM, PH 8.1, 0 Phos,0 Ammonia, 0 Nitrite, 0 Nitrate, with four healthy fish - 2 ocelleris clowns, 1 diamond goby and 1 Talbot's Damsel. Have algae and copapods, The larger butterfly early on had a white growth on his mouth and both when I got them had scale/ gray marks on sides. I treated the food mysis shrimp and chopped clams with Focus and Kanaplex per prescription and they healed up and looked great. Thought it was maybe a bacterial infection. Fins look good, no aggression in the tank, no spots. Finished that treatment a week ago or so. eating well, swimming well. Suddenly last weekend my usually vigorous Longnose hawkfish did not show up at mealtime and disappeared. I keep checking water parameters. no ammonia, no nitrites. Then the two butterflies started acting odd, swimming side by side and going to top of the tank nose up and then nose down. In fact everyone in the tank was all acting freaked out and hiding like something happened overnight. Butterflies were going behind rocks and turning dark stress colors, but they would come out and eat well and then go back and disappear. Two days ago I saw little white baby fish (eyes and a tail larvae) the size of a pencil eraser swimming fast through the tank and the other fish were eating them. They got pulled into the overflow and were gone quickly. So I thought, did they spawn? I have no idea, but not copopods... And they are gone now. Today my Butterflies did not show up to eat, so I pulled them and put them in the QT tank. In my DT I did a 10% water change anyway. Added copper to the QT tank - initial dose. Small butterfly died this evening. Pictures of my poor guy, attached. Larger one is acting a little better, but is swimming upside down.... What are your thoughts about what is wrong/ what went wrong?

Attachments

• IMG_9435.jpeg
    IMG_9435.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 7
  • IMG_9434.jpeg
    IMG_9434.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 8
fragile fish normally dont do well with copper. we run hypo on them most of the time. it could be many things that could have killed the fish but honestly they are hard to qt and i have a feeling thats where things went south

fragile fish normally dont do well with copper. we run hypo on them most of the time. it could be many things that could have killed the fish but honestly they are hard to qt and i have a feeling thats where things went south
Is there a way to test my DT water for parasites so I don't bring new fish into it unwittingly?

Here are videos of my remaining fish - all appear healthy to me. I think I attached the files correctly. Let me know if you cannot view them. And thank you again for your help!

I don't see anything obvious in the video, but I would wait minimum 3 weeks to 5 weeks to make sure there is no ich or velvet lingering around.
Other things to look for is white salt like sprinkle on tye skin if the fish, evidence of ich/velvet or stringy poops evidence of internal parasites, red blotchy patch under the skin for uronema or flashing twitching rubbing for flukes.

I don't see anything obvious in the video, but I would wait minimum 3 weeks to 5 weeks to make sure there is no ich or velvet lingering around.
Other things to look for is white salt like sprinkle on tye skin if the fish, evidence of ich/velvet or stringy poops evidence of internal parasites, red blotchy patch under the skin for uronema or flashing twitching rubbing for flukes.
Thank you very much!

Back