QT a pair of clown

lbear

Is it ok to QT a pair of Ocellaris clowns in a 10 gal tank at the same time? Do I need a tank divider or enev get 2 10 gal tanks?

Thanks!

well, if one is sick they'll both get sick but then you can treat them both at the same time. The safest is to get 2 sep. QTs but I think most people would either not get them at the same time or QT them together. The goal is really to protect the main tank. A divider wouldn't do anything because they could share many diseases just from the water, no need for contact....

I think it could be easier to form a pair if both of them are introduced at the same time. That's why I am thing of QT a pair of O.clowns at the same time. But I am afraid that 10 gal is too samll for them. Of course, as Dan mentioned, disease and parasite could problem too. However, I don't want to setup two 10 gal QT at the same time.

Probably I should ask: How to introduce two O.clowns with best chance of paring up?

why would you use two qc systems when purchasing a pair? i recently bought 4 clowns, so should i use 4 tanks to qc? thats crazy.

you are FINE using the 10 gallon to do QC on the pair.

Re: QT a pair of clown

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=7547246#post7547246 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by lbear
Is it ok to QT a pair of Ocellaris clowns in a 10 gal tank at the same time? Do I need a tank divider or enev get 2 10 gal tanks?

Thanks!

In my opinion it would be fine to quarantine them together if they came from the same place.

If they came from different places then separate tanks completely so there is no chance of transmission of anything.

Just my .02

Good luck.

Back