QT question?

nutto

Hi I have 10 fish in my 75 gallon tank .I know that they have ich for sure .so I have decide to take them all out and treat them in seperate tank (29 gallon )so I have some question and need some help.
1What kind of equipment should I use doI need wet dry filter?skimmer? refugium?LR?
2 How long do I treat them?
3 Since it difficult to get them out .I should cure as many disease as I can. what kind of medication should I get ?
thank you so much for ur help.

Read all you can on this forum about it. It depends whether you want to go with copper or hyposalinity. Hypo takes 6 weeks and main tank must be fishless for the same amount of time. Copper is harder on the fish, hypo is easier for them, maybe harder for you. You have to change the water a lot to keep nitrates down, especially with as many fish as you have. You have to have a bio filter, a sponge or something from your main tank or you will have ammonia ect. problems which will kill your fish faster than ich.

Stephen, can you give me a link with pictures of amyloodinium (sp)? I would be so grateful 'cause I can't find one anywhere and I might have it in one of my fishes.

<a href=showthread.php?s=&postid=8088327#post8088327 target=_blank>Originally posted</a> by janakaybravo
Stephen, can you give me a link with pictures of amyloodinium (sp)? I would be so grateful 'cause I can't find one anywhere and I might have it in one of my fishes.
I wish I could. It photographs poorly and my skills are not up to the challenge of capturing it properly and I know of no where else that has a good image of it.

Back