QT questions.

reefbroao

As of right now I dont have the room to QT, I have a 56 with a foxface(small) and a melanurus who are absolutely inseparable. But I think they would benefit form having another friend, I was thinking another larger osc but Im not willing to let ich or anything enter my tank.

SO i'm wondering what can possibly be done to absolutely minimize any chances of contamination.

I have a 10 g that I possibly could setup with an aquaclear it set it up bb and with some pvc. Im in a studio so even a 10 g is getting cluttered. Im intending on moving soon as in 6 months so would it even be worth it to introduce a new fish.

IMO the best way would be to find a local hobbyist that either is looking to switch out to another incompatible fish, or getting out of the hobby. If their tank has been stable for a long time there is still the risk of bringing stuff in (a quick FW dip wouldn't hurt), but it's unlikely they'd have ich.

I'd do the QT.
Its easy enough, and I would cycle the QT as well. Will take about a week or so,just have seachem matrix in the HOB and add bio spira. A QT period is really only 6-8 weeks so you could easily QT two fish before you move.
Good Luck, keep us updated.
P.S.
Clowns are succumb easily to brook, so a formalin dip before adding the fish to the QT is advised. FW dips don't really do anything other than slowing the disease down for a few days, if that.

Back