Queen City Frag Fest 2017 - Official Thread

I'm personally looking forward to going for the first time this year and checking it out as I haven't been out that way for a frag swap since one hosted at ARC years ago. Who knows, maybe I'll feel the same afterwards but if so I'll just know not to go next year. :)

Nutshell: I'm looking forward to this, Johnny! Thanks for all your efforts!

Can't wait to have you, we've come a long way since that swap at ARC! :rollface:

I gotta say for someone to complain about $5 are you doing tropical fish or saltwater? I sneeze near my tank and $50 comes out LOL! For $5 just to walk around and see all the people in our community together is worth every penny. So if $5 it troubling to you maybe your in the wrong hobby.. Go to an auto show $$$ goto a Bingo Hall $$$ uggg sorry for the rant just can't understand cheap ***' and hey you could win FREE **** to boot.. Thanks Johnny C for helping to put this together year in and out.Ill see you there

Thanks victory, your right. If you like bingo halls , crowded auto shows , valet parking , paying to take a leak , this show is for you. if I lived in Buffalo , i' d probably come out for drinks . the swap gives me that I payed 7$ for a Pepsi at the state fair vibe. I'd be happy to pay a lot more for a regional show with speakers or vendors. I'd probably support the swap if they contrived a charity to donate proceeds to. call me old , call me cheap . I didn't love the swap for free. I'm not into bottle service or VIP velvet ropes. just a fish dork getting old and grumpy... best of luck at the swap. honestly. If the hobby needs loud music and alcohol to survive, go for it. I'd suggest a location with parking and electricity. old churches are great , I drove to Buffalo to see the basilica. I personally thought the location was impractical. I want the hobby to succeed in the area . I drove to Buffalo 2 weeks ago ? and got great service from the arc. I' m sure others loved the swap. I bet the guys putting this together are great . the swap for me was a miss. it represents a lot of the things I dislike about the direction of the hobby.

Thanks victory, your right. If you like bingo halls , crowded auto shows , valet parking , paying to take a leak , this show is for you. if I lived in Buffalo , i' d probably come out for drinks . the swap gives me that I payed 7$ for a Pepsi at the state fair vibe. I'd be happy to pay a lot more for a regional show with speakers or vendors. I'd probably support the swap if they contrived a charity to donate proceeds to. call me old , call me cheap . I didn't love the swap for free. I'm not into bottle service or VIP velvet ropes. just a fish dork getting old and grumpy... best of luck at the swap. honestly. If the hobby needs loud music and alcohol to survive, go for it. I'd suggest a location with parking and electricity. old churches are great , I drove to Buffalo to see the basilica. I personally thought the location was impractical. I want the hobby to succeed in the area . I drove to Buffalo 2 weeks ago ? and got great service from the arc. I' m sure others loved the swap. I bet the guys putting this together are great . the swap for me was a miss. it represents a lot of the things I dislike about the direction of the hobby.

I get it we could go on & on in regards to everything in this country these days trust me I hear where your coming from, but its $5 and its a gathering. I have a huge family and i mean huge (300+) family and unfortunately no ones home is big enough at least in the dead of winter to host the xmas party, point is we meet at a firehall & its $25 p/ person to show up give out another grand of gifts and eat **** food, and i think its nuts for me to fork out $25 a person for it for me the wife & 5 kids but I do it because A. It only happens once a year B. Theres a few family members I actually enjoy seeing, & C. What else do I have to do that day lol.. point is even if theres only 1 or 2 guys there you chat with here and enjoy their feedback its worth it.. But trust me I aint no spring chicken either and I look at everything now a days and scratch my head wondering what's going on in this world, but I aint got many hobbies and this is one of the few that gives me hours &hours of pleasure.. so ill do it and for $5 to get away from all the other bs going on in this world (turn on the network news) Ill take it... hope you change your mind from the sounds of it Id actually like to meet you, but if not Ill be thinking of you while I haggle for that sweet scolly im imagineing being there ;)

Good hearing from you Vic, hoping to see you and catch up in a few weeks on April 2nd!

Attendees; Be sure to register on our official event Facebook Page for regular updates throughout the next few weeks leading up to the event! :)

Our website has been updated with the complete list of sponsors and vendors...

Be sure to keep an eye on the Facebook Event Page over the next few weeks for some fun announcements! :) #queencityfragfest #twoweeksaway

Wow this looks like a fantastic event. I've been out of the hobby for a bit but popped in to say hello.

$5 to enter a space that had to be rented is pretty cheap. Then to have profession coral vendors...Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to bicker about it.

Lol people it's 5$ come on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol, I know, I actually thought people were joking about this at first. If $5 gives you heartburn for an awesome event like this one you're in the wrong hobby

It's swap day!!!!
b9e379c4b36d52dbe58337175de5d6b3.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Excellent job to all you who put this fest together! Got some great pieces and was nice seeing some old friends :)

does anyone know how to contact the guy who had the black widow nems and rainbow nems he also had a ton of zoanthid colonys for sale I didn't catch his name or business card trying to contact him any help would be appreciated

Was it the asian guy? if so his name on Facebook is frost and his business name was aznutty saltwater connection

Back