Queen trigger

nothingfishy

Is getting one last in a fish only tank the equivalent of puttng a great white in your tank?

Have always liked them, read they aren't as bad as undulates or blue lines.

What do yall think?

Have always liked them, read they aren't as bad as undulates or blue lines.

That's kind of like saying Tiger Sharks aren't as bad as Great Whites ;)

They are defiantly one of the more aggressive triggers, also one of the larger ones. A lot depends on what other fish you already have, and the size of the tank.

That's kind of like saying Tiger Sharks aren't as bad as Great Whites ;)

They are defiantly one of the more aggressive triggers, also one of the larger ones. A lot depends on what other fish you already have, and the size of the tank.

I agree. I would not keep one except in a single species tank. Definitely not a community tank. Pretty fish though. In my opinion, by the way, Tiger Sharks are worse than Great Whites.

In my opinion, by the way, Tiger Sharks are worse than Great Whites.

Exactly :D Worse yet, the much smaller Bull Sharks are probably responsible for more shark attacks than either Tiger's or Great Whites.

Exactly :D Worse yet, the much smaller Bull Sharks are probably responsible for more shark attacks than either Tiger's or Great Whites.

I have been chased out of the water twice by bull sharks. Or I should say ONE bull shark. (the same one twice)

So it is a absolute certainty he will eventuall make it a species only tank, or just a string gamble?

I suppose I can either not do it, or just catch and remove him if he starts going after others.

Other fish in my tank a large parrot, large queen angel, 6 inch porcupine puffer and 8 inch sailfin tang.

180 gallon tank.

So it is a absolute certainty he will eventuall make it a species only tank, or just a string gamble?

I suppose I can either not do it, or just catch and remove him if he starts going after others.

Other fish in my tank a large parrot, large queen angel, 6 inch porcupine puffer and 8 inch sailfin tang.

180 gallon tank.

When s(he) decides to reduce the neighbors, it will not be if but when.

IMO, triggerfishes (preferably baby ones) should be last to be introduced to a community tank (fish only). I have seen many FO tanks with one or more tiriggerfishes at YT.

i have had numerous queens in y tanks over the years and have never had any problem with the bothering other fish as ong as the other fish were not food size for the queen. I just got a nice 6 in blueline trigger yesterday and i am waiting on a goldenheart and a queen trigger to go in the tank with her.

Caribbean biotype tank. Queen trigger, Queen and black angel, pork fish, two parrot fish, snowflake morray and porcupine puffer.(non carib- sailfin tang, yellow fox and fuscus)

Just got done with prazi pro ( 3 doses, 4 days apart) and am running copper now.

All fish came in eating great, I think it's big advantage to get right from diver, and not a chain of custody (diver, distributor them pet store )

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 0

180 gallon tank.

huh? i have no idea what your responses mean. and yes, that being a 150 does make more sense now just by the look of the pictures. the 300g should work for a while then since you listed 11 fish.

Last edited:
Back