Quick Poll: What temp do you keep your reef tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.
80-81. It has gone up to 85 in summer with no visible effects.

Al

------------------
He who feared he would not succeed sat still.

thanks all, just what I was looking for. to the point.

thanks larry for the archive link. i think these responses are a condensed ver. of archive.

mine is 80 - 84

My 55 stays a consistent 80-82 according to the highly sophisticated precision stick-on thermometer on the end of the tank!
rollsmile.gif

Dick

Last summer I had daily variance of 78-82 degrees. I put 4" fans on the mh and left the hood door open and got a constant 80. Now that its winter I get a constant 80 with the hood door closed and with the fans unplugged.

Horge- "zoox-puke"? rothlmao!
I've been at 79.5 +/- .05 during the winter, but since "a billion reef people can't be wrong" will probably go up to 81 during the upcoming summer.

I don't buy the 10 degree/day swing thing...

------------------

Mistress Reef

Ok, I'll admit it, I continue to keep my reef between 76 deg. and 78 deg. Hey what can I say, my animals love it there and my exceesive algea growth at the higher temps. does'nt :rolleyes:...David
[This message has been edited by FishWish (edited 03-15-2000).]

the cheap stick on thermometer reads 78-80 at night and ^ in the daytime. The thing only goes to 84 and everything above that is ^ :). I would invest in a better thermometer, but the tank really doesnt seem to care when it gets a little warm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back