Quick vid of my Vulgaris hunting a shrimp

Do you have any info on the tank that you are using for this? How do you keep it sealed, etc...?

Sure. This tank is my old 93cube with built in overflow. This is my 14th octo so I have done this many times.
With this one I used the 1/4" mess that I got from the club a couple years ago. I got some 1"x2" wood and built a frame that that fit the inside of the top of the aquarium where glass would normally fit. I stapled the mess to the frame using a powerful stapler. This makes it very easy to open the top for whatever I need to do. The overflow had a cover for it already so then the top I made holds that down. I use a heavy t5 light on top to hold the top down. This works well but as Casper grows and gets stronger I might have to change things. Also I may have to move casper to a larger tank because it is very possible that casper will get more then 4' arm to arm. "already 24" and still very young. Some vulgaris don't get that big but some get even larger. Casper has more then tripled in size in the 10 weeks I have had her.
I have some new vids I will post this weekend.

Back