quoyi parrotfish

Myles

I'm thinking about getting a quoyi parrotfish for my 350g.
I am wondering about longevity-has anyone been able to keep them long term and if so for how long?
My second question concerns their quarantine. My quarantine tank is 30 inches long and I'm worried that that is too small for one even in the short term. Will I need to purchase a larger quarantine tank if I spring for the parrot fish?
Thanks,
Myles

Thanks Dmorty. I'm familiar with the thread and it's what got me thinking about adding the parrot fish. I remember that your parrot and Peters' did not make it and am wondering whether that is typical or if they are able to be maintained long term.
Myles

I honestly have no idea the life span of them and since they are typically collected at the 5.75-7" mark and are always labeled terminal male, this is a great question. Mine died because of disease that was brought in, Peter's died of what I would consider old age since it declined over several months and was losing coloration

I'll probably give it a shot but I was hoping someone would chime in to say how well theirs is doing.
Do you think my quarantine tank 30inchesx12inches is sufficient or should I plan to upgrade before purchasing the parrot? I usually quarantine 4-6 weeks.
Thanks,
Myles

I work at a store where we've had a dozen or so come in. Really cool fish, but are hit or miss on adapting to aquarium life. Make sure its eating (as always), but once established, they are nice fish. Can be delicate, and a lot of hiding spaces will go a long way to making them feel secure. My experience if from the weeks we've had them in the store and from service clients, but I can't go too far into detail since I haven't personally had them, sorry. Hope that helps!

I would also upgrade the qt if possible. The do zip around when they get going.

I'll probably give it a shot but I was hoping someone would chime in to say how well theirs is doing.
Do you think my quarantine tank 30inchesx12inches is sufficient or should I plan to upgrade before purchasing the parrot? I usually quarantine 4-6 weeks.
Thanks,
Myles

Bigger is better up to a certain point. I use a 40g breeder and a 125g for my QTs

Thanks for the help. I kind of thought I would need to get a larger tank for quarantine.
Myles

Back