Raising a Bimac Inklet (journal)

Kermie was a beautiful and well loved family member, I can tell. Shucks just finding this thread now, but I enjoyed the whole thing. RIP Kermit! I have an eel named Ellie who is my favorite girl and has her own tank too. I'd love an octo but again, the lifespan :(

You afforded this guy the best possible life a captive octo could have. I feel so bad for your loss. Even though you knew this ahead of time it doesnt make it easy. I had a frilled sea hare that came in as a baby on some algae. He was one of my favorite pets. He would climb into your hand if you had some macro algae for him. I was so bummed when he died. I cant imagine losing a critter as cool as your bimac. On the bright side Catalina gobies next? Maybe a temperate catshark?

Thanks guys. The tank feels so empty now! Although the crabs he left behind, and my one blenny are all excited. I didn't realize how many crabs were in there until they realized that Kermie wasn't stalking them anymore!

I just found this thread today too and I so enjoyed reading it from start to... end. So sorry for your loss. :( I have raised Giant Rainforest Mantises from tiny babies to the end so I know what that's like; even though you know they have a short lifespan, it's still hard to see them go. Thanks for posting such wonderful photos and video and sharing his life with everyone. So cool. :)

Just read this whole thing. I was so fun watching and reading from a little inklet and can't imagine what it was like to actually experience it. I'm sorry for your loss. :(
RIP Kermie

Kermie passed away this morning, at 18 months. He laid in my hand while he took his last breaths. RIP Kermie, you were amazing and it was such an incredibly interesting and fun 18 months.

Oh no! I feel for ya man. Thank you for documenting his life for us. It was awesome to see him grow up.

Sorry for your loss. Been there. 18 months is a great run with an octo but it also gave you so much time to get attached. RIP Kermie. I know you said cold water only but if you change your mind In a couple weeks there will be warm water ones around. Just PM me

Back