rebooting apex

mbaychuk

I went to update to version 4.o1a because I got the pm1 and the directions said to upgrade, during upgrade it stopped midway and now when I go to upgrade the program says the apex is in boot mode, but I have no screen and can't get into from the ip address. Is there away to reboot?This is what it says
Loading firmware file into memory
Firmware file load complete...
Calculating Apex Start Checksum Vector
Calculating Apex Start Checksum Vector complete...
Connecting
Apex running in boot loader mode
Trying to connect: attempt 1
Waiting for input from Apex, timed out
Trying to connect: attempt 2
Trying to connect: attempt 3
Trying to connect: attempt 4
Trying to connect: attempt 5
Trying to connect: attempt 6
Trying to connect: attempt 7

If the Apex is not flashing then while the "trying to connect" is counting up power cycle the Apex...

Be sure the Apex is NOT wireless; it must be hard connected to the network.

it is hard wired to the router, it started to count down blocks then stopped. The power bar is flashing yellow and so is the bus that the screen is plugged into. The screen is totaly blank. When you say power cycle the apex do you mean unplug and replug it in? Sorry please clarify what to unplug.Thanks Mark Im just getting ready to replace my aquatronica controller and just starting to get experience with the apex.

Yes, unplug the power from the Apex (you don't need to unplug the EB8; you can just unplug the AquaBus) and when the Apex comes up its LED will start flashing (this is boot loader) and if the uploader is trying to connect it should locate the Apex at theat time and resend the firmware from the beginning.

I'll be online for some time so let me know how it goes...

I unplugged the aquabus from the base module to the eb8 and replugged it in. The base module and the eb8 flash yellow no change to green. And the aquacontroller screen is plugged into the base module via the aquabus and the screen is still blank.

Did you leave the uploader running when you did this? You should start the uploader and then wait until it starts counting up (trying to connect) and then while that is counting power cycle the Apex by unplugging if from the EB8, count to 5 and then plug it back in.

I tried it this is what Im still getting
ading firmware file into memory
Firmware file load complete...
Calculating Apex Start Checksum Vector
Calculating Apex Start Checksum Vector complete...
Connecting
Apex running in boot loader mode
Trying to connect: attempt 1
Trying to connect: attempt 2
Trying to connect: attempt 3
Trying to connect: attempt 4
Trying to connect: attempt 5
Trying to connect: attempt 6
Trying to connect: attempt 7
Trying to connect: attempt 8
Trying to connect: attempt 9
Trying to connect: attempt 10
Trying to connect: attempt 11
Trying to connect: attempt 12
Trying to connect: attempt 13
Trying to connect: attempt 14
Trying to connect: attempt 15
Trying to connect: attempt 16
Trying to connect: attempt 17
Trying to connect: attempt 18

OK, it sounds like the uploader isn't finding the Apex bootloader. Sending PM...

Just to let everyone know how Ken fixed it. We had to run the firmware uploader and while it was running and getting a time out I had to disconnect the usb from the base unit to the UB8 and count to 5 then replug it in and then the controller rebooted and the screen came back. The key to the whole thing was the controller has to be hardwired to the router, but with the Verizon router I'm using I had to use the computer wireless (DON"T HARDWIRE THE COMPUTER TO THE ROUTER) it won't work. After I made it wireless the computer and the controller hardwired it worked on the first try. Thanks again to Ken. Very professional and helpful.

Hey guys I know this is old but I’m actually having this same exact issue. Can anyone help ????

Back