Recommendation on ATO systems?

TheAquatect

I Could Stop If I Wanted
I am looking for recommendations on a good ATO system for my upgrade. I have always used the typical float switch/relay type with good results but looking to upgrade to an optical or other more reliable option.

For background, I have a 95 gallon RO storage tank plumbed to a 15 gallon ATO container which will feed the tank. I did this to make sure I could not overdose top off by accident. I also plan to dose kalk with the ATO so a pH monitor (apex or stand-alone) will also be involved. The tank itself is a 300 gallon, if that also helps.

Tunze osmolator sounds like it would be a good fit for you. You can also purchase a solenoid switch that can cut flow in certain circumstances go with an apex for sure to control your tank.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apex will have a new FMM module out this year with optical level sensor capabilities. No idea on price yet but I will be going this route when available.

I use the Hydor Smart Level control, which work with temperature sensors. I feel this is way more reliable than float switches and it works great. I also have mine being backed up by a float switch, just in case, but I have never had an issue in 2 years using it.

About a month ago I started using the Aqua Smart ATO, my first ATO (previously filling sump manually every night). I set it once and haven't had to worry about it since. The pump and tubing fit right inside the spout of a 5 gallon jug. I switch that out every week and it's been great. I am not sure about the connection with an Apex or a Reefkeeper, I have a Reefkeeper but haven't looked into it.

Thanks everyone, for all the suggestions. I am liking the tunze solution though its a bit pricey compared to the others. The solenoid option looks like it would be perfect for managing the RO level in the storage tank too but it looks like you would need a second unit for that?

I've also been planning on getting a controller but have been holding off to hear some feedback on the influx of new controllers hitting the market. So I want to look into that as well.

Thanks for the feedback everyone, its been very helpful!

Back